Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013, Here We Come!

It's the first day of 2013!


2012 has been an awesome year, with the ultimate highlight being a little addition known as Delano, who is now 4 1/2 months old.



But there were a lot of other good things that happened in 2012.  By January I had run a total of six half marathons in four different states.  Lucas got a TON of work done on our house.  One brother got engaged while the other got married in a wedding that I officiated (at nine months pregnant).  My BFF from high school found out she was also expecting a baby, who is due to arrive this February.

2012 also involved a major shocker, which was the loss of my parents' house during the March tornadoes that hit the Harrison area.


They were some of the lucky ones, though.  All five of their cats survived.  Due to having AWESOME home owner's insurance (USAA kicks some major ass, for those of you who are able to get it), they received their settlement funds before the dust had even settled and were able to start looking for a new home immediately.  They bought a house in record time, closed on it in record time and were moved in before the tornado even actually happened, I think.  It's all such a blur.  ;)

As for 2013, I can't wait!  I'm signed up for my first half marathon post-baby in February (in state #5!) and I'm hoping to get a few more under my belt as time and commitment capabilities allow.  I get to continue to be a stay-at-home mom to Delano and watch him grow up during his first year.  I get to be there while Amanda has all of her first-baby experiences, and while my second little brother ties the knot.

And who knows?  Maybe a little brother or sister for Delano is in the cards......  ;)


Disclaimer:  This is NOT an announcement that we're pregnant.  We are indeed not pregnant.  We're not trying to get pregnant, we're just not NOT trying, either! 

No comments:

Post a Comment