Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas and Stuff, Ya'll

Merry Christmas, everyone!  Or Happy Hanukkah, or whatever it is that you participate in this time of year!

Our holiday has been a great one, and of course it was the first one with the baby.  He didn't need much (or anything for that matter) given that he's only 4 months old, but of course he received some great gifts anyway!

With his new Lollacup from Nicki and Brian.
Over the next week, it will be time to decide what my New Years resolutions are.  I think this year, besides a few typical resolutions, I'm going to make some new ones that revolve around completing a few planned projects.  Some of these projects have been on my To-Do list for way too long - others for just a short while.  Here are a few of the projects on my list:

1.  Print and frame photos.  I have had plans in my mind FOREVER to print out some of my favorite photos and frame them around the house.  I visit other peoples' homes and see photos everywhere and it reminds me that I need to take the time to do the same! 

Cool photo canvas collage idea.

2.  Create photo books and box frames.  I have photos and memorabilia from trips Lucas and I have taken over the years, and I have had plans to create a photo book for each trip and collage the memorabilia into shadow boxes.  I originally planned to scrapbook each trip, but I think the task would be WAY more likely to get itself done if I just let Walgreen's create photo books for me.  So I just need to organize my photos into files and buy some shadow boxes for the rest.

Except mine will have trip memorabilia in them.

3.  Update my address book.  I've got addresses located everywhere...in an old address book, in notebooks, on pieces of paper, on saved letter envelopes, on Facebook....and I need to get them all into one place.

I want an address book with this cover!




4.  Re-velcro diapers.  Some of the used diaper covers I've purchased off Ebay (before I knew to ask) have extremely weak velcro on them, which needs to be replaced.  I've already bought the velcro, I just need to replace the old stuff.  It just takes time that I haven't allotted for myself yet!  And I'll actually be able to resell some of them for a decent chunk of change once I fix them (since I have an overstock)!


I just wanted to add in a pic of this year's holiday gdiaper!  I didn't buy Delano one, but it sure is cute!

5.  Magazine day.  This is a new project of mine.....to sit around one day and read magazines!  I have a fat stack of magazines that I haven't even touched since having had the baby, and there are others I've been saving for certain articles and/or recipes that I need to tear out.  I haven't gone through them because it seems so unproductive.  But yet they need to be gone through!

Pretty much.....
So besides the typical resolutions of eating better, running more and getting the scale back down to my pre-baby weight (THEN back down to my PRE-pre-baby weight), those five things are what I want to accomplish this year.  I'm actually hoping that I get them all done sooner than later, because then I can work on new projects!

Nom nom nom presents!!
Sweet Christmas baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment