Monday, November 5, 2012

Kicking It Into High Gear (Again.....)

Well, it's November.

As one may recall, I claimed that I was going to get my butt back into the groove starting in October.  I was going to eat both healthier and more vegetarian and get back into a regular running (and training) pattern.  In reality, I bombed.  I did okay the first two weeks, but then I settled back into my old bad habits out of pure convenience.  I did better with the running than the eating, but I'm still not running 5-mile stretches yet, which was my goal for the end of October.

FAIL.


So now it's a month later, and as the saying goes: try, try again!  I know it's what I WANT to do, I just have to implement the habits that go with it and stick to them.  I'm no stranger to living a mostly vegetarian lifestyle and training for a race.  I even did a 90-day vegan challenge at one point!  So in theory, it should all be a piece of cake.  But I do need a plan of sorts.  I'll have to think about it and figure out what's going to work best, especially for the running, now that I have a child to include in the plan.

T-minus 15 weeks and 6 days until the Rock n Roll Marathon Series in New Orleans.


On the plus side, I did walk hills with my mom and Delano in the stroller today for 1.45 miles.  And I had one bowl of cereal for breakfast (instead of my typical 2, IF I even eat breakfast) and a Holy Moly sandwich (guacamole, sprouts, tomato, cucumber and lemon mayo) on whole grain bread for lunch, so I haven't done too shabby for my first day back in the groove!

Now this would make for an interesting sight.
Other stuff.....for those who have never read The Bloggess blog......she's a special kind of person whom (who? I hate not being 110% sure about my grammar!) I think is hilarious.  But if nothing else, you HAVE to read this blog of hers from 2011:  And that's why you should learn to pick your battles.  It will explain why my parents brought this back from Florida for me and delivered it to me just like this:

Knock knock....

Halloween was fun!  Lucas, Delano and I just stayed at home and handed out candy, but Delano had three outfits he got to wear throughout the day.

My little candy corn.

My little Dalmatian.

My little puppy dog.

Sweet baby.

And then last Thursday, November 1st, I went and voted in the presidential election for the very first time in my life.  In the past I've liked certain candidates over others, but I've never voted because I've never felt like I had enough information to make a well-educated decision.  I've also never complained about any of the presidents because I feel that if you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain.  Well this year, I felt like I knew enough about each side to make a logical decision, so I did!  Delano went with me, so he can say that he was with his Mama the very first time she ever voted, the year he was born.  Who cares if he slept the whole time?  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment