Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Few Random Talk-Abouts

MONDAY:

Yesterday I felt fantastic.  Tired but good.  Today I feel like this:


I slept on my right shoulder wrong last night and have been suffering for it all day.  I woke up to feed the baby at 4am in agonizing pain, and it just seemed to get worse after that.  Had Delano not been a child, I would have dropped him when I picked him up, because picking him up brought on the tears.  When I finally looked in a mirror this morning, I noticed that my right shoulder was (and still is) about two inches lower than my left.  Caring for Delano today was a challenge for sure, and driving a car was a definite negative.  I tried a heating pad (and was then informed that heat was BAD) and then switched to an ice pack and BioFreeze.  I've also tried stretching.  At this point (7pm), I'm not any better.  My shoulder is JACKED UP.  But there's always tomorrow!  I had plans for tomorrow but I can always stay home and rest if I have to.  It just SUCKS.

Delano hit the 3-month mark last Friday and is growing like a weed.  He weighs a little over 12 pounds and has become quite vocal.  He'll be laughing out loud any day now!

My cutie!

I thought that I would register for the Turkey Trot 8k this year, but after today, I may have to reconsider.  I didn't think I'd be able to run the whole thing anyway, but I at least wanted to try.  But if my shoulder is still a mess tomorrow, I'll need to let it rest.  Bummer.

TUESDAY:

I've been eating like CRAP lately.  I blame it on a lot of things (but not myself, of course haha). Not only have I been eating a lot of what I call "tainted meat" (aka commercial/factory farm/UNhappy cow meat), I have been eating loads of carbs and sugar and fat and just plain CRAP.  I HAVE GOT TO GET MYSELF UNDER CONTROL.  THIS CRAP HAS GOT TO END.  I feel like a fat goat.  Like a goat, I just keep eating everything in sight.  However, since Thanksgiving is in two days, I'm guessing that I won't even get started on any healthier habits until after the weekend.  Blah.  At least I've got breastfeeding working in my favor to burn some calories as well!

That is one FAT GOAT.  (I actually believe that is a very pregnant goat.)

I feel SOOOO much better today (regarding the shoulder).  I'm still sore and have some limited movement, but I can actually walk and sit and carry the baby and drive and just move around in general like a normal human being.  Hooray!!!  Because yesterday SUCKED.

Therefore, I have decided to sign up for the Turkey Trot after all.  I'll have to take it easy and will probably end up walking a lot of it, but that's ok.  At least I'll burn a few calories before packing on about 35,000 more during Thanksgiving dinner.  It will also be another round of practice with the jogging stroller.  I really need to get in the habit of using it.


Lucas finished the kitchen tile yesterday - another hooray!  Now there are only a few things left to do before the kitchen can be considered DONE.  Then it will be time for him to move onto the next project.  The To-Do list is definitely a long one.

So it has come to that time in our lives where Lucas and I are actually discussing minivans.  It's kind of depressing, actually.  Yes, we only have the one baby now, but once we have the second we're going to need a vehicle bigger than my Rav4.  So why a minivan and not just a car/SUV with more space in the backseat for two car seats, you ask?  Well for those who don't know, Lucas and I plan to go through the process of becoming foster parents in the near future.  Along with having another baby of our own.  At that point, we'll need something bigger than a 5-passenger car or SUV.  And I definitely don't want a gas guzzler.  So that's why we're discussing minivans.  I just don't want one that looks like I'm driving a box.  I want a cool minivan.  Is that an oxymoron?

Ooooh a hybrid minivan!  Looks like a giant Prius.  Totally can't afford.
The kids would think this was cool until they were in middle school......
Can you even imagine this happening??

This is the root of my fears right here.  How I FEEL I'll look in a minivan.
A vision of my future.

Well I guess I should register for the Turkey Trot before they close the online registration.  And think about minivans while I find something to snack on......





1 comment:

  1. When I was 28 my parents gave me a green Dodge Caravan. I drove the heck out of that thing, until the transmission went out. I loved it so much that when we were able to buy a car, I actually scoured the market for another one. The only reason I didn't buy one is because the dealership didn't have one that I qualified for. So, I encourage you to buy one instead of an SUV. It was a breeze to drive (and park). And the gas mileage was better than my Optima gets now. :)

    ReplyDelete