Monday, February 23, 2015

Operation Lose The Baby Weight: Days 29 - 35 (Accountability Log)

So as I said last week, I basically need to come up with a different plan or diet approach, since it's been a month and I've barely lost anything.  And nothing has changed over this past week.  I'm still in the same rut that I was in the week before.  My weight loss is almost nonexistent and definitely not consistent.  My friend Stacie told me that as a 35-year-old woman, I'm eating way too many carbs.  That even though I've been choosing "healthy" options such as yogurt and hummus and soup, I've been choosing items that are low calorie but yet high carb.  She told me that one of her friend's nutritionists told her that women over 30 (especially those of us with kids and those seemingly permanent mom bellies) should follow a 40-30-30 lifestyle.......40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fat.  If I were to follow a 1,500-calorie diet, that would mean I could have 150g of protein, 112g of carbs and 50g of fat per day.  And even though I'm super against a strict diet of any kind, it looks like being a bit stricter than I would like is what it will take to get me to my goal.

So I plan to focus on my carb intake this second month.  That's my new kind of goal - a low carb diet.  I know it won't be all the time (I eat out a lot so sometimes it's a gamble on what's healthiest, or sometimes I just eat what I want), but at least I'll hopefully be close most of the time.  I also know it won't be easy.  And I'm going to fail some days.  But I definitely need to decide on a different focus than just "eating healthier" (because just eating healthier obviously hasn't been working).

Day 29 (Monday, February 16th):

Total weight loss:  1.2 lbs (I'm really just hoping this is a fluke from the weekend)

Breakfast:  Chobani Greek Yogurt flip cup (250 cal)
Snack:  Handful of Blackberries
Lunch:  Can of Progresso Soup: Chicken Pot Pie (280 cal)
Snack 1:   Slim-Fast shake
Snack 2:   None
Dinner:   Power Chicken Hummus Bowl from Panera Bread (270 cal), along with a few tidbits of catered food (just a few bites of meat)
*Late-Night Snack:  Multi-grain 6 seed crackers with hummus and some Hershey's kisses
Beer/Wine: Yes

Run:  No
Workout:  No

Day 30 (Tuesday, February 17th):

Total weight loss:  0.6 lbs (grrrrrrrrr.....this whole day is a bit of a "loss" in the food dept)

Breakfast: Serving of shaved deli chicken (50), 1/2 slice of reduced-fat colby jack cheese (30 cal), a handful of blackberries
Snack:  None
Lunch:  Can of Progresso Soup: Italian Wedding Soup (240 cal)
Snack 1: 6-seed multi-grain crackers with hummus (~6 crackers), 5 Hershey's Kisses (this Valentine's candy has GOT TO GO)
Snack 2:  evol. Chicken Enchilada Bake (380 cal)
Dinner:  Leftover Crab Mornay over a baked potato
Beer/Wine: Yes

Run:  5-mile treadmill run
Workout:  Day 1 of the 10-Week Workout Plan (minus the lunges....I've discovered they hurt my knees)

Day 31 (Wednesday, February 18th):

Total weight loss: 1.8 lb

Breakfast: Slim-Fast shake (~200 cal)
Snack:  Black beans and rotel, 1/2 an avocado
Lunch:  Can of Progresso Soup: Chicken and Herb Dumplings (180 cal)
Snack 1: 
Snack 2: 
Dinner:  Tuna salad sandwich with avocado and capers on whole wheat, Vicki's sea salt chips, a few bites of catered food
Beer/Wine:  Yes, 1 Guinness

Run:  No
Workout:  No

Day 32 (Thursday, February 19th):

Total weight loss:  1.6 lbs

Breakfast:  Chobani Greek yogurt with oats (170 cal), a banana
Snack: 1/2 an avocado and a large navel orange
Lunch:  Mom's homemade chicken and veggie soup with a few Townhouse crackers
Snack 1:  None
Snack 2:  None
Dinner:  Soba Noodle Bowl with chicken (390 calories), 1/2 Power Chicken Hummus Bowl (140 cal) and an apple from Panera Bread
Beer/Wine:  Yes

Run:  No
Workout:  No

Day 33 (Friday, February 20th):

Total weight loss:  4.6 lbs

Breakfast:  Chobani Greek yogurt with oats (170 cal)
Snack:  None
Lunch:  BLT on Texas toast, sweet potato fries, a couple of Delano's steak fries and a Sprite at Jenkins Deli (Cleveland)
Snack 1:  None
Snack 2:  None
Dinner: Corned beef and cabbage, turnip greens and pinto beans at The Epicurean
Beer/Wine:  No

Run:  No
Workout:  No

Day 34 (Saturday, February 21st):

Total weight loss:  1.6 lbs (darn it for yesterday being a fluke!)

Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs, 1 sausage patty and 1 biscuit
Snack:  None
Lunch:  Can of Progresso Soup:  Chicken and Noodle (220 cal)
Snack 1:   1/4 of an avocado
Snack 2:   None
Dinner:   "The Rembrandt" (grilled chicken salad) and a cup of tomato artichoke soup from Rembrandt's Coffee House
Beer/Wine:  Yes, 1/2 beer and 2 glasses of pinot grigio while reading Fifty Shades Darker after work.  ;)

Run:   No
Workout:   No

Day 35 (Sunday, February 22nd):

Total weight loss:  1.6 lbs (same as yesterday)

Breakfast:   Scrambled eggs, bacon and 1 piece of toast
Snack:  None
Lunch:  1/2 "Reuben the Great", a couple of Lay's chips and part of a cup of fruit (that Lucy didn't eat) from Jason's Deli......oh, and a small cup of ice cream.  :)
Snack 1:   None
Snack 2:   None
Dinner:   I don't even want to discuss it!  It actually wasn't all that bad.....catered food from Big River, and I really only ate protein, but then I ruined it with a cupcake that was gifted specifically to the staff.
Beer/Wine:  Yes, wine

Run:   No
Workout:   No

Day 36 (Monday, February 23rd):

Total weight loss: 2.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment