Monday, February 17, 2014

I'm Back!

I'm back!!  At least I hope so, anyway.  I'm back for the moment.


So where have I been the past month?  Well, my laptop started slowing down......and getting slower.....and slower......and slooooooooooower........until the point that it was pretty much impossible to use.  We tried everything to fix it with no luck.  So we had to basically strip it down to its core and start it over from scratch.  So now I have a working laptop again, even though it's missing pretty much everything (program-wise) that was on it.

It's been a crazy-busy few weeks.  Delano turned 18 months old yesterday, and Lucy turned 7 weeks old today.  I went to the foot doctor back in January and received a "prescription" for 6 weeks of physical therapy twice a week, along with an appointment to have some molded shoe inserts made.  I've also had doctor appointments for the kids and have an upcoming dentist appointment for myself.  I've also got two Hunter museum shifts this month - one this Saturday and another next Friday.  So I've kept a full calendar lately, and will keep a full calendar at least until March 19th, which is when my physical therapy ends and I have my follow-up foot doctor appointment. 

I've also been fully aware that I have a half marathon coming up in a little over 2 months, so I've been trying to keep up with my running schedule, which of course doesn't always pan out if the kids aren't both napping at the same time (or I need to use their naptime to do something else).  I'm up to 2.5 miles on the treadmill right now, so I figure that if I add a mile of distance a week (run 3 miles this week, 4 miles next week, and so on) then I'll be up to 11 miles the week before race week, which should be plenty of training to run 13.1 at the end of April.  I also need to start getting outside for my runs in the near future - I've just been waiting on the weather to warm up.

Of course I say that my calendar load should lighten after mid-March, but the reality is that I need to put more time into training for the half marathon.  And I'll also hopefully have some work projects tossed my way again soon, so I'll just be replacing being busy with physical therapy to being busy with running and work.  However, I'll be getting in shape and actually EARNING money instead of PAYING money!


Another upcoming event that has been on my brain (OF COURSE) has been the wedding!  I forget where I left off in my last blog post, but the beach package has been booked, the general beach location has been chosen, the photographer has been booked and the after-party location has been decided (which can't be reserved until the first of April).  I now need to shop for a dress for both me and Lucy, as well as figure out what the boys are going to wear.  Lucas's parents and I discussed wedding cakes this past weekend, and I decided that I would look into cupcake makers in the Destin area and see if that was something I wanted to go with.  It would be nice to have something for the occasion, but I also don't want anybody to invest money in cupcakes if nobody's going to eat them.  I've also been trying to decide if I want to carry flowers, or if I just want to carry Lucy and nix any extra flowers.  Maybe I'll carry Lucy and SHE can chew on carry some flowers.  That would be cute.

In something like this?  Just kidding.

Speaking of needing to shop and things being on the brain lately.....I finally gave in and bought new pants today, and I'm only a little happy about it.  I'm totally happy about my new workout pants.  They look and feel pretty fab.  I feel good in them.  And plus I found 2 of them on the clearance rack, which is always awesome, AND I got an extra 35% off of the clearance price.  Super score!  What I'm not excited about is the 2 pair of jeans I had to buy.  Granted, it's nice that they fit.  BUT the only reason they fit is because I had to buy bigger pants after having Baby #2.  It's been 7 weeks and I still don't even remotely fit into my pre-baby jeans.  I've been wearing maternity pants for the past 7 weeks, and it's been pretty depressing.  And even though I was really hoping to NOT have to buy new pants, it was time to move on from the maternity wear. 

This isn't me, but it could be.  It's pretty much exactly what my belly and sides look like right now.

So to sum it up, I've decided that I don't have enough time in the day or enough money in the bank account.

Or enough room in my pre-baby pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment