Wednesday, August 21, 2013

20 Weeks! The Halfway Mark!

I'm at the halfway point with Baby #2!  20 weeks along today.  Let's compare bellies, shall we?

Today at 20 weeks.
Last year at 20 weeks.

Pretty similar, but still bigger this time.  And I think a little lower, maybe?  Now let's see at what week from last year I look like most.......

Here's 22 weeks from last year.  The shape of my belly is almost identical I think.  I'm just standing up a little straighter in this one.

So it looks like I'm slowly catching up to my last year's pregnant self.  I still haven't really gained all that much weight on the scale from where I started this time around, but it's definitely distributing itself differently.  Last year the added weight was ALL in my belly.  This time it's spreading around into my love handles and my "back handles".  Joy, right?  Right.  It's going to be a doozy finding the time to work those off with both a toddler and a newborn to take care of! 

Here are a couple of the ultrasound pics from today:

The spine is always cool.

This was the ONLY semi-face shot the baby would participate in today.  If you tilt your head to the right, you can see my scary baby who looks like he/she wants to eat your brains while you sleep.

My regular ultrasound technician wasn't there today, so I didn't get any freebie 3D pics.  Bummer.  I really love it when she's in charge of my ultrasounds!

Anyways.....I need to eat better.  I know, I know....I've said that a hundred times over the last almost two years (since I got pregnant the first time).  But I really do think about it all the time.  That's motivation at its best right there - thinking about what I want to achieve.  It's like how I think about how I want to get back into half marathon training mode after Baby #2 gets here.  In my mind, it all works out swimmingly.  I'll have a double jogger for when it's just me and the kiddos out on the Riverwalk, and I'll have my mom for the days when I run in her neighborhood.  And I've got the treadmill if BY CHANCE the kiddos happen to be napping at the same time at home (or after Daddy gets home).  So in theory, I should be able to get in AMAZING shape by next summer. 

My mental image of what I'll look like next Spring/Summer.  Minus the skirt.  I can't run in a skirt.  Or even shorts.  My thighs would set that bridge on fire.

But we all know that's likely going to be a lot more difficult than the theoretical scenario in my head.  Or maybe just take a whole lot longer to achieve.  Especially if Baby #2 is a nightmare.  Or Delano decides to turn into a nightmarish toddler.  I just simply won't know until the time comes.

So back to eating better.....I just need to do it.  The end.

But let's start tomorrow.  Those Doritos left over from Delano's birthday party are calling my name right now, since dinner tonight happened EARLY - almost 4 hours ago!  A pregnant woman can't go that long without eating, and the bowl of grapes in my fridge just isn't going to cut it.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment