Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cut the Crap. Mama's Broke.

The past week has been stressful, overbooked, expensive and exhausting.

First off, my child has a non-cold.  I say "non-cold" because he doesn't actually have a cold (we already had the nasty cold pass through), he has a snotty nose.  And that's basically it.  So my child has snot.  But since my child is not 100%, that means he doesn't sleep 100%.  He does alright at night, but his naps are crappy.  He can't sleep unless he's in my arms or in the car.  If he's in my arms or in the car, he can sleep an hour or even two.  But that means I have to be either holding him or driving.  So I've been dealing with that this week.

Not my baby, but at the same time, my baby.

Second, I had a work project this week that unexpectedly required a file review.  To most of you, I just spoke a foreign language.  But regardless of your file review knowledge, it means that I needed to take a day to travel to Atlanta to review some government files instead of working on the report itself (even though reviewing files IS technically working on the report since the information goes IN the report).  So that was one day LESS of report writing than I anticipated.  Which in my mind put me a day behind schedule.  But I still got it done on Friday, which was the due date.

How I feel when I'm still working at 1:00 am.

Third, my dog Ollie decided to pick up a blood parasite ("similar to malaria", according to the vet) and then develop pancreatitus, so he needed a billion dollars in treatment.

And fourth, my cat Allie decided to get attacked by my other dogs, so she also cost me a billion dollars in treatment.  Including a very late night in the ER on Monday.

Okay, okay.....so Allie didn't "decide" to get attacked.  She was chased down the stairs, yes (nothing new).  She was cornered, yes (also nothing new).  The dogs and Allie have been doing this chase/corner game for the past three years.  But this time, it got a little ugly (or personal) for whatever reason.

Allie ended up with two fractured ribs and an air pocket in her side near the two ribs.  Not a single mark on her body except for the two fractures that had to be seen via X-ray.  Granted, the ideal situation would be that this scenerio had never happened.  But since we did have this little clusterfuck happen, I am so thankful that I only had a cat with two slightly fractured ribs and a non-emergency air pocket in her side.



Seriously, animals.  Cut this crap out.  We're only three months into the year.  Mama's broke. 
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Fifth in the line of stuff-that-happened this week, my brother got married!  The rehearsal dinner was Wednesday night and the wedding was Thursday night.  It was awesome, all went well, and they are now basking in the Hawaiian sun.

Rachel was very Greek Goddess-like.
Aww.
I love this one!

Lucas's parents also came into town Thursday and stayed through today for the wedding.

Then this morning I had the Color Me Rad 5k.  Our team (Color Me Maybe?) consisted of me, Leah, Maggie, Jenelle, Angie and Angie's daughter Teigan.  It was cold in the beginning, but overall a great day for a run.  We were just glad it wasn't raining!!

Pre-race

Post-race
The picture doesn't do justice to how much color was on our skin, in our ears, up our noses, etc!

I'm very much looking forward to a relaxing night of TV and bed!!

I was going to sign up for the Country Music Half Marathon next month, but I don't think I'm going to be able to afford it now that the animals have spent all  my money.  Such a bummer, but ah well.  Lucas and I are definitely doing the Tap 'N Run 4k in Nashville in May, though.  It's my birthday present to myself to watch Lucas do this, since he's not a runner.  He likes to claim that I just "run too slow" for him.  I may be slow, but seriously.......nice try, Lucas!

I've also accepted two more environmental projects, both of which I'll work on this upcoming week.  I drive to Woodville, Alabama on Monday and Knoxville on Friday.  So I'm still going to be busy for the next week or two, but the paychecks will be awesome in helping to pay off my kiddos' vet bills.

Let's just all cross our fingers that next week is a calm one!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment