Monday, January 6, 2014

One Week Down.

Lucy is one week old today!  Hard to believe it's been a whole week since she fell out.  Seems like it was just a day or two ago.



We made it to the doctor, since there wasn't any snow or ice accumulation in our area of town to worry about.  All looked good at the doc's office.....Lucy has surpassed her birth weight (she's now at 7 lbs 3 oz), her eyes look good, her ears look good, her joints all move like they should, she's eating a ton and pooping/peeing after every meal (and then some).  Her butt is a bit raw from all the pooping (and in turn all the wiping) that's been going on, so I've been advised not to actually "wipe" her, but to rinse her off and pat her dry.  And she gave me a bunch of samples of some Dr. Smith's cream to use.  I've been coating her with Nystatin (a prescription cream I had leftover from when Delano was a newborn), but it doesn't seem to be helping.  I'm going to give her booty a soak in a baking soda bath here in a bit when she wakes up.  She's not going to like it, but it will make her butt feel better!



Lucy had her newborn pictures done yesterday.  I still have to go through all of the photos and pick my favorites for editing, but here's a sneak peak that Heidi Burks Photography posted to her Facebook page:

LOVE.

Aqua-Tots Swim School in Chattanooga FINALLY opened its doors two days ago.  Last summer, I preregistered Delano for swim lessons, under the assumption that he would start at the first of July.  Then it was pushed back to September.  Then November.  And then they finally completed construction in time to open on January 4th.  All of the preregistered parents received an email a couple of weeks ago to remind them to finalize their registration (and save their child's spot) before they moved on to the waiting list.  Sadly, I have given up Delano's spot at Aqua-Tots for now.  As much as I want him to learn how to swim, and as much as I would love for him to be doing that at Aqua-Tots, starting right now just wasn't the best idea.  I mean, I did just have a baby 7 days ago.  And I had wanted to pay for the lessons myself, which would have been feasible back when I had my own income.  But since I'm on a personal income hiatus, that doesn't exactly work out so well!

Sidenote:  I'm currently watching Family Feud while I type this post.  Question was, "Name something related to a man that gets bigger as he gets older."  Girl screamed out, "His wiener!!"  That just happened.  Family Feud is the greatest.

My babies!

Speaking of babies, it's time to feed and bathe my youngest, as she is waking up from her extremely long afternoon nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment