Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snow and Stinkers

Our dogs have never been allowed on the furniture.  With that being said......

Stinkers.
While I was keeping Massai separated from the other three after his attack (still not certain by who, or what, or why), Massai was kept upstairs while Piper, Ollie and Daisy were kept downstairs.  Ollie and Piper apparently took this "alone time" to mean the couch was theirs for the taking.

Daisy still has never gotten on the furniture.  But she DID make a disgusting mess this morning.  See, Daisy is a chewer.  Not the type to steal from the closet or chew on the furniture or anything like that, but the type to chew anything plastic if left alone with it without supervision.  And she's strong, too.....she's completely annihilated dog toys that were supposed to non-tear-uppable!  Anyway, to make a gross story super short.....she chewed the plastic cap off of a glass jar that contained a dead baby shark in formaldehyde (a weird souvenir from a beach trip when I was little).  So I woke up to that mess this morning.  GROSS.

I don't know who this guy is but this is his "gross face".  I dig it.  I couldn't have said it better.

So it snowed here the other day.  Big, fat, slow, beautiful flakes.  It accumulated immediately.

Part of the front yard.
Part of the back yard.
A view from the deck.
It stopped after about 20 minutes, and then was completely melted after about an hour.  So there you have it - the Blizzard of 2013!  Lucas never saw any of it....he was on the road coming back from Charlotte, NC when it all went down.

So my half marathon is in 2 1/2 weeks!  Am I ready for it?  I don't know.  I'm excited for it.  But I haven't been running anywhere near the distance I should be for training purposes.  And when I say "nowhere near", I mean NOWHERE NEAR.  My runs have typically been between 1-3 miles long.  Those are NOT the miles of a half marathoner.  I will say that yesterday I ran 4 miles uninterrupted on the treadmill while Lucas watched the baby, and that after about 3 1/2 miles is when I got in my groove and felt like I could keep going.  But at that point I needed to get dinner ready!  My hope is that even if I don't get a single long run in before the race, that I'll hit my sweet spot during the race and still do pretty well.  We'll just have to see!


If I do pretty well during the Rock N Roll half marathon, I plan to sign up for the Berry Half Marathon in Rome, Georgia on March 23rd.  It will be my first half in Georgia, and my 8th half in my 6th state!  The race is supposed to be a gorgeous course.  I've never been to Berry College, but pictures of the campus are pretty!



I have also decided to do the County Music Half Marathon in Nashville on April 27th, which is also part of the Rock N Roll series.  I've already booked my pet sitter for that weekend and have got the grandparents (and Lucas of course) to entertain the baby.  I just need to register!

 
This is as far as I've gotten regarding half marathon plans.  There will be more, as well as some fun 5ks and what not inbetween.  Lots of good times to be had.

This blog mentions nothing about the baby.  Insanity, right??  Well, I'll leave you with a couple of pictures and promise to talk about the baby and baby things in the next blog!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment