Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Taxes, Heel Spurs and Prunes

I'm ready for my tax return to hit my bank account already.  It's already spent, so it's not like I'm going to have all this extra money just lying around, but I'd like to go ahead and DO what I need to do with it!

I wish that was my tax return.

I'm also ready for a couple of environmental work projects to fall into my lap.  The sooner they do, the sooner I can work towards paying off that school loan!

We leave for New Orleans in two days, and my half marathon is in four days!  I'm excited, even though it might end up being a personal bust.  But in the end, who cares?  We're going to New Orleans!  It's vacation time!!


A bonus is that the temps are predicted to be in the upper 60s / lower 70s the entire time we're there.  BUT there's a 50% chance of thunderstorms for race day!  So I may be running in the rain.  I'm perfectly fine with that.  Let's just all cross our fingers that the race isn't cancelled for worse weather!


What I haven't planned for is the baby in the rain.  We're planning on taking the umbrella stroller instead of the travel stroller to save both space and weight, but it doesn't have a canopy so therefore we can't toss a rain cover on it.  It's only predicted to rain on Sunday at this point, though, so hopefully we'll luck out.  And if not, Delano with be spending a lot of time in the wrap while I carry an umbrella!

OR I could get a rain cover like this one.....hahahahaha!!  (Is she wearing a pleated skirt?)

On a "bummer" note, after this race, I need to go see a podiatrist about my left foot.  I think I may have Plantar Fasciitis.  It currently hurts my left foot when I wear shoes.  The only shoes that don't hurt at the moment are my flip flops.  I don't know if it's the lack of arch support/pressure or lack of compression around my foot or both, but my flip flops are the comfy choice.  They're just not ideal in cold weather (I'm not THAT granola).  I also bought three pair of flats today (Dillard's is having a shoe clearance sale and I had a gift card!), so I'm hoping those will be just as painless as the flops.


Let's hope I don't also have a heel spur, but I definitely might.

But I think I may also have tendonitis along the outside of my left foot, either related to the peroneus tertius or peroneus brevis, or both.  About where they meet is where it hurts.


So BOOOO.  This not only means a (likely) expensive trip to the podiatrist, but also that I shouldn't sign up for any more runs until I hear what the doctor has to say.  Even though it doesn't hurt when I run unless I just happen to be slamming down on my heel repeatedly, which isn't often since I trained myself to be mostly a toe striker.  It really hurts the most when I walk or stand for long periods.  Then I catch myself changing the way I walk to favor my foot, which is probably hurting other parts of my body!

Delano turned 6 months old this past Saturday!!  My baby's growin' up!

My little cutie.

As of yesterday (Tuesday), Delano hadn't pooped since last Thursday.  I started to worry so I looked it up.....totally normal for babies to go days without pooping.  But yesterday I went ahead and bought some prunes from Earth Fare and made him some delicious baby food to try to help him out.  Let's just say that cleared the chute.  He's had two massive poops today already.  Thank goodness.  I was wondering where he was storing all his food between last Thursday and this morning!

I also put Delano to bed last night without swaddling him first, since he's been twisting towards his side in his sleep while swaddled.  He woke up about 30 minutes after being put down (which is normal), and I had to help him get back to sleep.  But the next two times he woke up during the night, he actually managed to put himself back to sleep!  The third time, somewhere in the dark-thirty AM, I had to give him his pacifier to get him to go back to sleep, but then he slept until 9:00.  I call that a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment