Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Ragnar Is Coming Up!

The Ragnar Relay is coming up in about 2 1/2 weeks, and man I'm excited but nervous!

I'm in Van #1, which means we're starting off the race with the first 6 legs.  We found out about 2 months ago that this year, the race is starting off in a completely different direction, which changes up the first 6 legs from previous years.  After a little swapping around of runners to meet their abilities, I shifted from Runner #1 to Runner #4.


Which means I'm running 10.2 miles, then 6.1 miles, then 6.7 miles.  HOLY CRAP.

The first 10 miles will be fine.  It's the 2nd and 3rd set of miles that are going to be painful!  My body is going to be shocked about running 6 more miles mere hours after running 10 miles......and then REALLY shocked at having to do it again mere hours after that second 6 miles!  But it's happening!  I might be crawling.....but it's happening.

Here's my first leg:


Here's my second leg:


And here's my third leg:


So there you have it.  On October 23rd I'll be hitting the pavement on the way to Nashville!  And in only 4 more months, I'll be hitting the pavement in Miami on the way to Key West!!

This weekend, though, I'll be running the Urban Nature 10k happening here in Chattanooga.  It should be fun, plus several of my Ragnar team members are also running it.  It should be a good little training run in preparation for Ragnar.  Plus it's cheap, and it should be pretty!

YAY RUNNING.

No comments:

Post a Comment